Classic French Toast

Read...



Wow! I've been making french toast for years and thought I was doing it right..."if it ain't broke don't fix it". I never knew about a "classic restaurant method". I just did it the way my Mom and Grandma taught me and never would have thought to lightly fry and place it in the oven. Since I love french toast I had to give this a try and I was pleasantly surprised. This came out crisp, light, fluffy and just plain delicious. I topped it with a dusting of powdered sugar and REAL maple syrup. It was perfect served with fresh fruit and OJ! Thanks for a great recipe Chef John and an update on a truly classic breakfast favorite!


Ingredients

    4 eggs
    2/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup flour
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla
    8 thick slices of bread

RECIPE >>> Classic French Toast @tastesbetterfromscratch.com