Avocado Honey Ice Cream

Read...



After being reluctantly talked into trying avocado ice cream at the local Mexican restaurant, (I LOVE avocados, but in ICE CREAM?? My thought was EWWWW) and finding that I love it in ice cream as much as I do on nachos or in burritos, I was excited to see a recipe that seemed like it would simulate the taste I loved there. This recipe, alas, is not it. The taste is similar, nice and smooth and decent avocado taste, but it is WAY too sweet for my taste. The version I had at the restaurant is very mildly sweet, which I much preferred. It seemed as if the taste of the avocados came through more at the restaurant too, which makes me think it was even a bit too sweet to allow the full flavor of the avocados to show through. It was good enough that I will try it again, with much less sweetener next time. I'm thinking probably 1/2-3/4 cup sweetener instead of the 1 cup this recipe suggests. But other than that, it was very good. And if you prefer very sweet ice cream, it may be perfect for you as is. But not for me.

Ingredients

    2½ cups of full fat coconut milk
    1 cup of mashed avocado (about 4 small avocados)
    ½ cup of honey (Honey Pacifica Creamy Wildflower Honey)

Instructions

    In a blender combine all ingredients, until smooth and silky.
    Then cover mixture with saran wrap, pressing into the mixture, to eliminate any pockets of air.
    Chill for one hour, then remove saran wrap and add mixture to ice cream maker.
    Follow directions on ice cream maker. Normally I have to churn the ice cream for 20 minutes, but this mixture finished sooner at about 18 minutes. The saturated fat caused it to solidify quickly.
    Then store in a freezer container, and again cover with saran wrap, eliminating any air pockets.
    Freeze overnight. When ready to serve, defrost tub for half an hour.


==========================================================================