Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices

Read...



I loved this recipe! I followed the directions exactly, and it turned out wonderful. Everyone in my family loved them! I used apple caramel dipping sauce and fudge, it was so delicious. It only took about 10 minutes to prepare and I baked them for 15 minutes. I did what the other reviewers suggested and indented the apples. I also just put a dallop of fudge on top of the caramel instead of covering the whole thing.

Ingredients

    2 very large Fuji apples
    3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1 cup caramels, melted
    Chopped pecans
    Popsicle sticks

Instructions

    Slice apples into 1/2" pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
    Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut oil. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
    Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds. Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
    Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.


==========================================================================