Christmas Pavlova Wreath

Read...

img_4029

I made my own Raspberry Coulis, using the method from my New York Cheesecake. Instead of using Strawberries and Raspberries though, I just used all Raspberries. You can easily use shop bought coulis and there is no shame in that at all, I just love to make my own. You can buy Freeze Dried raspberries in a few supermarkets now such as Waitrose and Sainsbury’s, and the other items you can get pretty much anywhere! I really adore this recipe, and don’t be afraid of it, its much easier than you think! Enjoy!

Ingredients
For the Meringue
– 5 Large Egg Whites
– 300g White Caster Sugar
– 1tsp White Wine Vinegar
– 1tsp Cornflour
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Extrac
For the Filling
– 450ml Double Cream
– 2tbsp Icing Sugar
– Fruit – Blackberries, Pomegranate, Raspberries, Blueberries etc!
– Freeze Dried Raspberries
– Raspberry Coulis
– Mint Leaves

Method

  1. Preheat your oven to 150C/130C Fan. Line a LARGE baking tray with baking parchment.
  2. Whisk the egg whites with an stand mixer – I use my Kitchen Aid until they form stiff peaks – when you reach this stage, start adding the sugar 1tsp at a time. Once all of the sugar is incorporated it should be glossy!
  3. One at a time, whisk in the White Wine Vinegar, then the Cornflour, then the Vanilla and whisk till smooth!
  4. Using a small bowl in the middle of the parchment paper, dollop the mixture around it so that once you remove the bowl, it’ll be a ring shape like a wreath! I use a tablespoon and do a large spoonful for each dollop and go round the small bowl till I have used all the mixture up. I then use a fork so spike up little bits to give it texture!
  5. Carefully lift out the bowl and bake in the oven for 1 hour – turn off the heat of the oven and leave to cool completely in the oven, without opening the door. I bake my meringues late at night, and leave them to cool overnight to make things easier!
  6. Prepare your fruit – chop up any fruits such as the strawberries, and clean all the berries thoroughly! Whip up the double cream with the Icing Sugar.
  7. Spread/dollop/pipe the whipped up cream onto the meringue and then add the fruit on top! Add a few mint leaves for colour, and sprinkle with Icing Sugar! I also used a little edible glitter for a bit of Christmas cheer! Enjoy!
Christmas Pavlova Wreath! ❤️ Your favourite Berries, Coulis, Mint, and delicious Whipped Cream!
pint it