Healthy Avocado Brownies

Read...



I made these this afternoon. I tried other recipes using chick peas as well as zucchini, so I wasn’t sure how these would turn out. I seem to have an issue with gluten, not diagnosed but I know when I eat things with flour in them I get pains in my stomach. So I’m trying to eat better. I have a sweet tooth too. The other recipes were pretty good, so I expected the same for this one. I have to say they are quite tasty. I like a little crunch, so I added almonds and for my sweet tooth – sprinkled chocolate chips on the top. Now to test them on the family.

Ingredients

    1 large avocado
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3 large eggs
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder*
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp baking soda

Instructions

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.*
    Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
    Add in coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
    Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil and add batter.
    Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes (slightly less for fudgier brownies or slightly longer for more cake-like brownies).
    Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 brownies.
    Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days or for a longer shelf-life store in the fridge or freezer.

==========================================================================