Philly Cheese Steak Dip

Read...



I used one ginormous red bell pepper (we don't care for green bell pepper), the last dredges of a bottle of Newman's italian dressing (it was around a half cup, I didn't measure.....I was in a hurry), reduced fat cream cheese/mayonnaise and I upped the roast beef to a full pound. I didn't have time to throw it in a baking pan, I just tossed everything into my small crockpot and let it go until we got back home at noon. Boys literally inhaled this in less than twenty minutes. I served it with day-old toasted bread and Wheat Thins. HUGE hit. Next time I might increase the provolone, but it's not hugely necessary.

Ingredients

    1½ cups GRILLED and small chopped thin cut shoulder steak
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 cup diced onion
    1 cup diced green pepper
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    ½ cup mayo
    4 oz. shredded or chopped provolone cheese

Instructions

    Saute onion and green pepper in olive oil over medium heat. Set aside.
    In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, provolone, and chopped steak. Stir until well combined. Add sautéed onion and green pepper to bowl and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
    Serve with chips or toasted baguettes.


==========================================================================