Salted Caramel Brownies

Read...



Fabulous brownies, though that may seem a little 'under'-whelming, you must try these! I followed as directed, but the last step (melting the chocolate with the evap. milk) didn't really work for me - operator error, I'm sure. :-) And don't sprinkle the salt too early, as it will melt into everything else. Ha! DH and I are still enjoying them, but they'd be lovely for a sweets tray, or dinner with friend. I also got 16 (instead of 20) small brownies from my 9X9 glass dish; that is plenty big! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe, weekend cooker; I'm looking forward to making these again!

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
approximately 10 ounces caramel sauce
coarse sea salt

Directions:

Preheat to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.

Melt together the butter and the semi sweet chocolate. Let cool slightly.

Stir in the sugar and the eggs. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spread the batter in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.

Let cool completely before topping with caramel sauce and sprinkling with sea salt.

===========================================================================