NUTELLA STUFFED DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

Read...

I LOVE Nutella. It’s always on my shopping list, and I use it all the time – baking or not. I love Nutella on toast, sandwiches, in porridge, on a spoon… ðŸ˜‰ But most of all, I do love using spreads in my recipes. For example, these chocolate muffins with their Nutella centres.
For these muffins, I’m using my favourite muffin recipe base. It is my go-to for muffins, and bread. The 2 teaspoons of baking powder makes these rise beautifully, but not too much. The buttermilk, and oil makes the batter so silky, and the muffins super moist, and tender. These are undoubtedly my favourite chocolate muffins!


Ingredients
  • 3 cups (375g) plain flour
  • 3/4 cup (170g) caster sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
  • 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 12 - 24 teaspoons Nutella

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Spray or butter a 12-hole muffin pan, and set aside.
  2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
  3. Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
  4. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin slots, filling only half way. Spoon 1 - 2 teaspoons of Nutella into the centres, then pour the rest of the batter over the tops.
  5. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted just off centre (to avoid Nutella) comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.