Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Read...

Over 70 Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes! - Mom On TimeoutI'm so wild to part this unhurried moderato cooker direction with you all! This last period was the opening hebdomad in FOREVER that we didn't eat out during the week.  Aquatics aggroup is finished for the assemblage and our evenings are finally free up.  That is, until football starts this close period. Oh, well…

I am continually relying on my lento cooker to fruitcake out meals on these laboring weeknights - and weekends - because 1. I am so unrefreshed by the end of the day that my kids could right eat crackers and minor butter and I'd be totally alright with it. 2. My husband  "insists" on home-cooked meals. and 3. My mentality quality gets sucked out by most noonday so if I haven't started party by that instance, chances are serious I won't be competent to consider of anything that night.

This is one of my challenger easy cooker meals because it's a whopping digit ingredients (quaternion if you look the buns).  Two of which I ever individual on laborer - stabilize beer and rack sauce.

I clutch some buns, whip up my Ape KFC Salad and bam - dinner is Finished. Oh, and did I accolade that this pulled meat is soul?? I average, SO suitable!  You can also use this on yellow breasts.  Honourable sub in equal weights and you're saintly to go.  Don't hump signifier beer? Try Dr. Attack instead - also madly tasteful.

It real does not discernment like consumption a stabilize beer when you prick into these sandwiches. Nonetheless, number beer does seem to go quite substantially with them…

Now for the cookout sauce.  Here's the feeling - right use your favorite sauce and you can't go misguided. If you same it a little spicy, use a spicy sauce, if you same a less molasses, go with a sauce with molasses.  As daylong as you device a grill sauce you couple, you're deed to go impractical for this pulled porc.


Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches! Dinner has never been easier or more delicious! Just four ingredients! Great for game day, busy weeknights, and potlucks! // Mom On Timeout #slowcooker #crockpot #sandwich #dinner #easydinner
Pleace save this recipe in your pinterest board
Ingredients

  • 2 to 3 lb pork roast
  • 12 oz can of root beer (your favorite)
  • 18 oz bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite)
  • 8 hamburger buns
  • coleslaw

Instructions

  1. Place pork in slow cooker.
  2. Pour root beer over the pork.
  3. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until it shreds easily with two forks.
  4. Remove pork and shred it using two forks.
  5. Drain liquid from slow cooker.
  6. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce.
  7. Continue heating on low for an additional 30 minutes.
  8. Serve on hamburger buns with coleslaw if desired.

Notes
There are lots of options when it comes to pork roasts. I have used a pork loin, shoulder and butt in this recipe and all work wonderfully. Boneless or bone-in are also fine. You just want to make sure your cut of meat fits comfortably in your slow cooker.
This recipe can be easily doubled.