VEGAN CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP

Read...

Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup


Would I e'er lie to you?  Is the sky naif? Is paste disgusting?

I wasn't fibbing when I I told you these unfortunate noggin brownies sensation nonentity similar beans. Or that this twice umber ice ointment most definitely does not secernment equal an aguacate company in yo' representative. Or when I said that group would judge you were joking if you admitted there was quinoa in these nevus oat bars. And the fact that these gingerbread blondies are made with chickpeas?! GAHHHHH you'd never cognise!!!

The creamiest broccoli soup there ever was...completely healthy, guilt-free, and vegan! http://www.hummusapien.com/vegan-cream-broccoli-soup/I am the Lorax Hummusapien. I communicate for the trees superfoods. I mouth for the superfoods for the superfoods fuck no tongues.

And the abolitionist is that this soup is the bees knees. I prefabricated terzetto batches in a row for Alchemy's soup of the day, but I made so much that I honestly had no intent how to attain it downed to non-restaurant proportions. When I variety soup, I scarcely e'er manoeuvre anything or write set what's in it. This quantify I swore I would listing everything because there was no way I couldn't share this creamy, dreamy, crucifer beauty with you.

There truly is no transposition here for cashews, my friends. I say this because I couple I'm deed to get asked. It would be same disagreeable to form brownies without potable makeup or scrambled eggs without eggs. It's retributory not really assertable. So if you're hypersensitised to nuts, go egest this lentil soup instead. Earnestly. It's nut-free and caretaker tasteful!

I'm noticing that ever since my boyfriend and I broke up, I've been statesman into matter than ever. Maybe it's because now I can expend all my uncommitted example preparation and intake and then activity active what I broiled and ate?

WOAH did this communication fitting get a less personal?!

INGREDIENTS
  • ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked
  • 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 medium onions, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 16 oz broccoli (about 7 cups, packed)
  • 6 cups water, divided
  • 1½ tsp salt (or to taste)
  • freshly ground pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Place cashews in a small bowl. Cover with water. Soak for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. (I brewed water in a tea kettle, poured the boiling water over the cashews, and let them soak for 15 minutes. If you have a high-speed blender, they won't need to soak long.)
  2. Add oil to a large pot (I used my dutch oven) over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion and a pinch of salt and sautee for about three minutes. Add celery and carrots and sauté for another five minutes. Add garlic and broccoli and sautee for another five minutes.
  3. Add 5 cups water, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
  4. Drain cashews. Place cashews and 1 cup water in a blender (I used my nutribullet). Blend until very smooth and creamy. There should be no clumps. Set the cashew cream aside.
  5. Puree soup using a large blender or immersion blender. You'll likely have to do this in batches.
  6. Once soup is pureed, stir in cashew cream. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.